Friday, July 10, 2015

Half Marathon: Week Five


I confess and apologize to my readers, my motivation ad confidence is waning. I started on this blog journey because, Knowing that someone reads about my training progress keeps me true to my intentions to reach my goals. Running and training, however, cease to be fun when it hurts to take just a few running steps.

Thanks for your support. I will try to work back into a regular Tuesday weekly posting schedule again.

After realizing I was training too much too fast, last week, I took this one pretty easy. I didn't run on the ground at all but, went inside to the gym to bike and elliptical all week.

Mon 30min cross- Went to the gym and split my time with 15min on the elliptical and then biked easy for 15min.

Tue 4mi pace- My tendons are feeling really sore and tight today so I didn't do a workout.

Wed 30min swim- Instead of the RiverJam Swim I opted to go to the gym and try to do 40min on the elliptical but I split my time and did the last 20 min on the bike because my tendons and legs are still sore.

The gym was closed the rest of the week for the 4th of July holiday. It's probably for the best. It's clear now that I will have to pause and re-evaluate my current training plan in order to recover from this injury set back so that I can still run the Marathon in January.

My new favorite hot weather snack is frozen grapes! Thanks to a silly shopper who returned their cart to the parking lot drop off and left a giant box of red Sam's Club grapes in the kid's seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment