Tuesday, April 28, 2015

10k: Week Six


This week I realized that my body and mind feel and work much better when I'm taking my daily vitamin. My mood is better and I feel like my body works and moves more smoothly when I'm getting more balanced nutrients,

Also, I think I jumped back into training this week with some extra gusto after feeling so crummy last week. This may be making me feel more tired and worn out than if I'd eased back in to the cross training and running paces I was doing pre sickness.

Mon 3mi run+core- nice confidence boosting run around the wet roads of downtown mount holly. The pace was easy but brisk. My left leg seems to be playing catchup a little bit but I feel much more in the swing of things than I'd expected to after last week. Did one set of the Lolo Jones' Core Workout.

Tue 40min cross+strength- Split my cross training between the elliptical and the upright stationary bike, and did two sets of the leg and core part of my weight circuit. I bumped up the speed and resistance a little bit. I'm feeling nice and lightly sore tonight. I'm looking forward to a nice 2mile shakeout run tomorrow morning.

Wed 2mi run- Lauris is in Town at The Evening Muse in NoDa! Ran a nice easy shakeout run on Hawfield Rd before work. This was a crazy weather day, low 50's in the morning to high 70's in the afternoon.

Fri 60min cross+core- Just focused on moving my legs as naturally as possible using the right muscles and keeping my legs balanced. Split the cross training evenly between ellypticaling and biking 30 min each.

Sat 5mi run- It was quite rainy weather this morning and my AM Canopy Tour didn't book so I got called off the first half of my work day. So, that means I got to run before work today! I did two loops of 2.5mi around downtown Mount Holly. Again focusing on keeping my legs balanced and using the right muscles while staying as relaxed as possible. The muscles in my feet are evening out but because it seemed my toes where working my calves are quite tight after the run. Will do some foam rolling tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment