Thursday, January 8, 2015

Starting the Journey

Here's to starting a new journey... to crossing things off my bucket list and following my heart toward my dreams and aspirations.

 
My New Year Resolutions:
Train for a 26.2mi full marathon- Not just to finish but to do well...well enough to maybe, just maybe, qualify for the 2016 Boston Marathon. This means I will likely be running 3 marathons. One to train for the distance + one to get strong enough to break 3hours35minutes and qualify for Boston = One in Boston. I just hope to hold out my mental and physical endurance long enough and successfully enough to achieve this final prize

Do more art- I would love to become a self sustaining artist. I have so much to still learn. I want to continue trying to grow my art business and to treat it like my second job. I still have so much more to learn, so many mediums to try, and so many craftsmanship skills to refine.

Be more Selfless- This stems from my innate antisocial nature. I feel like most of my relationships are one sided, so that I receive more than I give. I want to improve the person I am by casting a more outward focus on the people around me. I want to do more nice things for other people. I don't know if this will make me any less socially awkward, but I hope it may help a bit.

As with many new year resolutions I don't know how well I will manage to fit them into my life. I hope this blog will provide me a place to voice my frustrations, fears, and my successes.

No comments:

Post a Comment